We understand learning a new resource can be overwhelming - we can help! Take a look at this example from another teacher - have you ever felt like this?
Dear Mystery Science,
My school just selected Mystery Science as our primary science curriculum, and I’m getting ready to teach my first science unit. I’m not great with change so I’m trying to prepare as much as possible – what’s featured in a science unit? Where do I find everything?
No worries, we're here to help! First, we'd like to welcome you to Mystery Science! We’d love to help you prepare to teach your first Mystery Science unit – we think you’ll love whichever one you pick.
To find the Science Units, log in to your account and navigate to the top of the homepage. The “Science Units” tab will bring you to all units in your grade level.
Our Science Units feature:
- Alignment to the Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS)
- Built-in classroom management strategies such as timers, help pairing up students , and step-by-step activity videos for kids to follow along
- Suggested extensions, including curated collections of additional activity suggestions, online resources, project ideas, and readings
- Assessments at the end of each lesson and unit
- Hands-on activities to enhance student learning, all using common, easy-to-find items
- Optional Anchor Layer phenomena to dig deeper!
Want to see science units for other grade levels? Click on your grade level at the top of the screen, to the right of the search bar, for a drop-down menu. If you teach multiple grades, you can also click to see all units in all grades. Here is a look at where to find this:
Curious to learn more? Here are some other resources you may find helpful: