We received teacher feedback asking for more hands-on activities and a more optimal flow, so we adapted our Weather Watching unit into three new units: Wild Weather, Circle of Seasons, and Sunny Skies. But don’t worry, all the original content is still there, and we even added three new lessons and five new activities!
Each of these new units begins with a Read-Along, followed by two regular lessons. The content is organized as follows:
- How can you get ready for a big storm? - New activity!
- Have you ever watched a storm? - New activity!
- How many different kinds of weather are there? - New lesson!
- How do you know what to wear for the weather?
- What will the weather be like on your birthday?
- Why do birds lay eggs in the spring? - New lesson and activity!
- How could you walk barefoot across hot pavement without burning your feet? - New activity!
- How could you warm up a frozen playground?
- Why does it get cold in winter? - New lesson and activity!
If you want to wait to start using these new units, you can always find the original Weather Watching unit here. But please keep in mind, this old version won't show you any of the newly developed lessons and activities!
We hope you and your students will enjoy these new lessons and activities! If you have any additional questions, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll be happy to help!