Your account has been flagged as potentially having been created or owned by a student, which is why you are now being asked to verify the account. If you are not a student, you can click on the [Verify] button to confirm that you are a qualified adult.
If you are not a student but are having trouble creating an account, please reach out to our support team using the Contact Support form.
Mystery Science is a resource created to help teachers and homeschool parents or guardians engage their students’ curiosity while aligning to science standards. Because Mystery Science is a teaching resource, it is designed to give anyone with an account access to lessons, worksheets, assessments, and all of the answer keys that accompany them.
For this reason, we do not allow student-created or owned accounts, nor do we store any student-specific information. Students do not need, nor should they ever create an account; we regularly remove student accounts when we find them.
If you are a student who has created an account:
- Please select 'Student' on the verification page, and your account will automatically be set for deletion.
- Reach out to your teacher, parent, or guardian, so that they can share the appropriate Student Link to your lesson, worksheet or assessment.
If you are a teacher who has asked your students to create an account:
- Please request that your students no longer use their Mystery Science account - this will help to avoid confusion and limit their access to content not on your lesson plan, as well as answer keys.
- Click here to learn how you can easily share lessons, worksheets, and assessments with your students so they never need login access to an account!
If you are a parent/guardian with a student who has an account:
- Please limit your student from signing into the account directly to avoid any confusion and limit their access to content not in the lesson plan, as well as answer keys.
- If you have a teacher assigning lessons, reach out and ask that they send you a Student Link which will give your student access to all the information they need and none of the information they don't!
- Click here to learn how you can easily share lessons, worksheets, and assessments with your student so they don't need login access to the account!
- If you have any questions or run into any issues, please use the Contact Us form to reach out. Students should not use the Contact Support form.